Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:05:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   uname weirdness after kernel/OS update

	I was previously running 4.9-PRERELEASE.  I used cvsup to download
new source code and compile the OS, as I've done many times over the years
that I've used FreeBSD.  Now, uname -a will show me 4.9-PRERELEASE and Aug
26, 2003 instead of 4.9-RELEASE or 4.9-STABLE and any of the December
dates that I've attempted to compile a new kernel.

	I've tried mv /usr/src /usr/src.old and a new cvsup.  I've tried
rm -rf /usr/obj/* (after the chflags command) and that didn't help.  I've
even tried using /stand/sysinstall to install a new bin and crypto binary
set, then recompile the kernel.  Still no luck.

	Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

							Thanks in advance,
							Jaime