Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMPng feedback

Alright, I've been using -CURRENT with the SMPng changes for a few days
and wanted to give some feedback.

Overall everything works, although I have been experienceing a few
problems which may or may not be related.

1) When I'm playing music (mp3), and I move the mouse or move a window in
X, the sound stutters and I get a pcm0: hwptr went backwards x -> y (where
x and y are different numbers).

2) the mouse is quite jumpy in X, especially while there is high cpu
usage. I have tried to use both the usb mouse and the psm mouse (I have a
usb to psm adapter) and the behaviour is the same with all mice I've
tried. ( a logitec optical mouse, and a ms intellimouse with the ball,
not optical)

These have been the only noticable changes to my system since the
update... I have built the world with the changes in the kernel without
problems so they seem stable enough, just kinda slow.

Ken