Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:50:29 +0000
From:      ajphanks@comcast.net
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing to a Lanier LD160c does not work

I have tried the reccomendations that you guys have suggested with no luck.  Is there a site that I could get some sample filters I could try?  I have tried a few that were in the freebsd corporate guide.  This printer will work from Windows printer spooler and this BSD box can print to a HP just fine.

Here is my current printcap.
corp-admin|hp|laserjet|Hewlett Packard LaserJet 5Si:\
        :lp=\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/corp-admin:\
        :rm=corp-admin:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/crlfilter:\
        :sh:\
        :tr=\f:\
        :mx#0:
admincolor|LANIER LD160c RPCS:\
        :lp=\
        :mx#0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/admincolor:\
        :rm=admincolor:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/crfilter:\
        :sh:\
        :tr=\f:

And here is the filter
#!/bin/sh
# /usr/local/libexec/crlfilter
#
# simple parlor trick to add CR to LF for printer
# Every line of standard input is printed with CRLF
# attached.
#
awk '{printf "%s\r\n", $0}' -

From: Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>