Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:46:20 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Out of pty's

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 03:25:54PM -0800, Justin Burke wrote:
> /etc/ttys lists a ton of pseudo terminals, which is great. However,
> after opening up 32 pseudo terminals (/dev/ptyp[0-9] and
> /dev/ptyp[a-v]]), none of the other terminals are used (eg. /dev/ptyq*).
> How do I get the system to start using those devices?
Sorry to hear that - I've never gotten that many ttys used up :P  I
could try it now I suppose with screen...

Mmm I see what you mean, I get up to ttypv as well and then it complains
no more ttys :(

Sorry I'm not sure about that then... anyone else know?

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer

http://munk.nu/