Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 14:01:56 -0800
From:      spade!mjv@photon.photon.com (Michael J Vukovich)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printing

We have been trying to set up a HP Laserjet
4M Plus to print under FreeBSD. To this point
we have not been able to stop the staircase
effect from happening every time we print. We
down-loaded the handbook and followed the
instructions under the printing section and have
gotten nowhere. The input filter does not appear
to work (we used the exapmle filter included in
the handbook and many modifications), and we have
tried setting CRMOD and several other fixes in the
printcap file as well. Any suggestions that we might
try? Our only other recourse we be to get Linux or
Solaris, since none of us have the time to waste
writing our own code to get around this problem.
Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Vukovich
PRA Wash. DC