Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:44:15 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: fix remote degraded gmirror

Thanks for the information re reboot; I think I knew it was a sata already. My
one remaining question is what preparation does the hd need prior to gmirror
insert. I see various people recommending clearing out various chunks of the
disk (to make the disk unambiguously not in sync?), but that doesn't seem to be
required. I guess the whole idea is to be able to just connect a new disk and
start the system up and then insert back into the mirror.
--
Robin Becker