Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:02:59 -0500
From:      "Paul A. Procacci" <pprocacci@datapipe.com>
To:        Mariano Cediel <mariano.cediel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: one physical interface -> n virtual interfaces

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:35:55PM +0200, Mariano Cediel wrote:
> How do I create, from a physical interface, n virtual interfaces, but
> all effects are real, their MAC different, on which we can do
> individually NAT, etc, etc.?
>
> I need one external interface has 2 public IPs, and I'll do every NAT
> over every <interface> (with ipfw and divert)
> individually (each of them has its own gateway)
>
> A little help to start researching .....
> Greetings.

http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/Virtual-Network-Interface-Card-td40051=
09.html

The above was posted in late 2010.  It has one example of creating vitual i=
nterfaces using the netgraph module.  3rd post from the top.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the current _correct_ way, but I imagine i=
s still accurate and can be used to get you started.

~Paul

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are=
 not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this m=
essage. See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further inf=
ormation on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communic=
ation. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message =
and we will send the contents to you.