Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:15:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer... in 3.1-RELEASE

I perused the mailing lists and the most recent mail about this
said that it was supposed to be fixed in January. I have a
3.1-RELEASE machine that is having this problem.

Now granted this is a 486DX4-133 with 8 MB of RAM, but it does
have 128M of swap and pstat -T says that less than half of it is
in use.

I can go out and buy a SIMM for the machine, but I don't want to
waste the money if it's a software bug.

The machine is basically like a do-it-yourself portmaster. Lots of
gettys and pppd processes, sendmail and inetd for a pop server,
sshd so I can log in, and not much else.

The bug hits a few hours after a reboot. Killing and restarting
inetd once appears to be a permanent fix (so far as I can tell so
far).

Weird.