Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:28:56 -0400
From:      Peter Kok <cckok00@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   web server question

Hi All

My server is installed apache-1.3.12, FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE, which only
has web services running.

The memory is
real memory  = 16777216 (16384K bytes)
avail memory = 12652544 (12356K bytes)
CPU: Pentium/P55C (167.05-MHz 586-class CPU)

Sometime the web service is suddenly forzen. Telnet application is no
problem. After I cold boot the machine, it is normal again. I know
Freebsd is strong for web service. What could be wrong with my web
server?  What should I check it?  I checked /var/log/messages, and
httpd-access.log, don't find any problem.  I am puzzled about what
process could be holding up the service.

tks much

regards
Peter