Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 07:40:25 -0800
From:      "David Burger" <david@unet.tm>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Connecting to networks

Hello All,

I have a network at home running behind a firewall and using natd.  I am
connected to the internet using a cable modem.  I have a friend who is
getting a cable modem and we want to be able to link our two internal
networks through some sort of tunneling.

Does anyone have any experience/advice in doing something like this?  I plan
to set the networks in the 192.168.xxx.xxx subnets.  One class C per house
simply because I don't want to worry about subnetting.  I want to make all
traffic going to the internal nic on my firewall be redirected to my
friend's firewall and in turn routed into his LAN and vice versa.

Thank you in advance,

David Burger