Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 2009 17:28:35 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        "Guill. Moreno-Socias" <lists.gms@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devel/kdesdk3 (kdesdk-3.5.10) not compiling

Guill. Moreno-Socias wrote:
 >    I am trying to install x11/kde3 using portupgrade, but it fails
 > when making devel/kdesdk3 (kdesdk-3.5.10).
[...]
 > In file included from pofiles.cc:249:
 > /usr/local/include/FlexLexer.h:130: error: expected unqualified-id
 > before numeric constant
 > pofiles.cc:450:5: warning: "YY_STACK_USED" is not defined

kdesdk3 cannot be build with textproc/flex installed (since it picks up
part of it instead of the flex from base). You might have gotten
textproc/flex as a build dependency to gstreamer, which is required by
kde4 and many gnome applications.

There are discussions on the kde-freebsd mailing list about it and at
least one bug report that got closed, because flex should be installed
to a different directory, which did not happen. (This is the situation
for five month already...)

pkg_create -b flex-2.5.35
pkg_delete flex-2.5.35
portupgrade devel/kdesdk3