Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 14:10:09 +0400 (KSK)
From:      "Vladimir A. Petrov" <V.Petrov@VAZ.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Using leased line with dialup line as a reserve

Hello!

I want to change connection of my FreeBSD box from dialup to
leased line, and now I have a question, because I am novice
in FreeBSD world.

Is it possible to use leased and dialup lines simultaneously?
I want to use leased line as a permanent connection and
dialup line as a reserve connection to my ISP. All I want is
if the leased line goes down then my FreeBSD box automatically
switches to dialup line.

Is this possible? If yes, then what is better to use kernel ppp
or user ppp, and how I must configure my box to realize this?
Currently I use FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE.

Thank You for Your time!

Best regards,
Vladimir Petrov.