Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:56:17 -0600
From:      Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   Re: How do I know if my 13-stable has security patches?

On 2/24/21 11:35 AM, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> In the svn days, I could just look at my svn revision to check on whether a
> security patch was required. Now I have a git hash. I have no idea how to
> tell if my system running 13-STABLE of a few days ago has the patch.
>
> Branch/path                                                      Revision
> - -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> stable/13/                       894360bacd42f021551f76518edd445f6d299f2e
> releng/13.0/                     9f00cb5fa8a438e7b9efb2158f2e2edc730badd1
> stable/12/                                                        r369312
> releng/12.2/                                                      r369353
>
> Is there a git command that can confirm whether a given hash is covered in
> my system?

'uname -a' should show you the truncated (rightmost) part of the commit
hash of the source tree used to build the running kernel, as well as the
date of that build.

If you cd to the source tree (usually /usr/src/), 'git log' will show you
the history of commits and their respective hashes.

Tim Daneliuk     tundra@tundraware.com