Date:      Sat, 11 Jul 2015 13:38:04 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chrome processes stuck at 100% cpu [Re: svn commit: r272566 - head/sys/kern]

On 07/11/15 04:26, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 08:35:52PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
>> Is anyone else seeing the 100%-CPU-usage chrome problem?  It seems to
>> be triggered by a crashing chrome rendering process, and I don't know
>> what's causing that, so it's possible that this isn't affecting many
>> other people.
>>
>> Konstantin, if this turns out to be affecting a lot of people, do you
>> think we could get an errata notice for this?
>
> I would not strongly object against EN, but this is underqualified
> bug for the releng branch, IMO. The issue does not affect the system
> integrity, since the looping process must be killable.
>
> If secteam agrees to spent the time on this, why not ?  But IMO it inflates
> the meaning of the releng branch.  For the 'new suport model', this
> would have clean resolution, but for 10.x I am not sure what to do.

The definition of "errata" was always largely based on whether there was
a significant impact to users, which is why I was asking if anyone else
was seeing this problem -- if I'm the only person, it definitely doesn't
deserve an EN, but if *everybody* using Chrome is running into this I think
it might make sense even though the impact on any one user is only at the
level of annoyance.

Nobody else seems to be chiming in to say that they're affected by this
bug yet though...

--
Colin Percival