Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:05:33 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        dr3node <dr3node@danceonfire.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't set up an IPsec tunnel.

As far as I know, no, because that would be like a "man in the middle" attack (I
think).  Like this:

If A is talking to C via IPSEC, A tells C it's IP (the true IP) and C tells A
it's IP (its true IP, behind the masquaraded host), but A sees C as B's IP
address.  How does it know that C knows that B exists?  Maybe there is a way to
forward or tunnel certain protocols through the Linux box, but this doesn't
sound like a good idea to me.  You could always use the old crusty SSH tunneling
VPN's.. :)

Eric

P.S. - Don't ask how to do it with SSH.  It's been too long.