Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 23:01:33 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <gunnar@paganlibrary.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, iceberg@pobox.com
Subject:   Re: cdrecord and ATAPI burners

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold wrote:
> When burning an audio CD, would you simply specify wav files as the source?
>
> What is the preferred format for sound source files?
>
> Gunnar

Just off the top of my head, and based on a little that I've absorbed here from
osmosis:

The advantage to using the MP3 format is more data recorded on the disk. The
problem is, you need an MP3 player to listen to them.

The advantage to .wav files is you can play them on a regular cd player. You
can guess what the drawback is.

 --  Walter Brameld

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.