Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:43:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy Reitz <reitz@eecs.cwru.edu>
To:        Graham Bentley <gbentley@uk2.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Remote screen control software - recommendations please

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Graham Bentley wrote:

> (OK I know this is OT but theres alot of good experience here
> so please dont flame me :))
>
> What are people using for this ?
>
> I have used VNC and TighVNC in the past to good effect
> although they do seem a bit laggy.
>
> I notice that GoToMyPC is gaining in popularity but I suspect
> you have to trust them with your credentials.
>
> Some people say Remote Admin (about $20) is the best.
>
> Any other recommendations / experiences / reviews ?

Hi Graham,

You might want to check out something called NX, from NoMachine. I
managed to get FreeNX working on my FreeBSD machine for a little while
(until it broke), and when it was working, it was quite fast.

Here is a blog post that I read which helped me to get started:

http://www.averageadmins.com/blog/2006/03/29/freenx-on-freebsd/

Good luck,
	-Andy.