Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:42:24 +0300
From:      datora tehnika <datora@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp access Q's to ftp.freeBSD & mirrors

THANK YOU !

I have no idea why this would not work before .. exactly why I was
whining so loudly here.  This should have been a no-brain try &
succeed once thing.

I just now tried ftp.lt.freebsd.org, spam@noisp.com as the password
and in like flynn.

Bizarre ... the email address I am posting this from was not accepted !!

Yep .. I knew WSFTP95 does not have resume; sorry about the confusion
in my posts.  I was using this to establish an FTP connection to check
that I could & to get a speed test out of it for time estimates at
different sites.  It's such an old and reliable application & I know
it pretty well I didn't want to confuse myself (moreso than I usually
am!) by bumping around several new interfaces.

THX for the smartFTP link; I'm collecting a whole set of freebie ftp
utilities; resume was not so critical before as it has suddenly
become.  I haven't DL'd anything larger than about 90 or 100 MB in the
last two years.

My cable cnnxn currently runs about 100 MB/ hour with some varience
(~29 - 32 bps is norm) ... so, y'all will be crazed ... er, graced
with my newbie install attempts Real Soon Now; I expect by Monday
depending on other things I am trying to get done.

I know all about burning an ISO with something like nero ... that is
exactly what I use; I have a fully licensed personal copy of 5.5 that
hasn't failed me yet for many IOS's, including linux installs.  Nero
rocks !

I have ftp.  I am happy.

Paldies!  ;-)

  -- datora

Successful session established :

WINSOCK.DLL: WinSock 2.0
WS_FTP LE 5.08 2000.01.13, Copyright (c) 1992-2000 Ipswitch, Inc.
- -
connecting to 213.197.128.70:21
Connected to 213.197.128.70 port 21
220 ocean.cs.microlink.lt FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
USER anonymous
331 Guest login ok, send your email address as password.
PASS (hidden)
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
PWD
257 "/" is current directory.
SYST
215 UNIX Type: L8 Version: BSD-199506
Host type (S): UNIX (standard)
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (213,197,128,70,219,158)
connecting to 213.197.128.70:56222
- -
connecting to 213.197.128.70:56222
Connected to 213.197.128.70 port 56222
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
Received 402 bytes in 0.1 secs, (30.00 Kbps), transfer succeeded
226 Transfer complete.

  --  datora
serfing the stream electric