Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:43:41 -0400
From:      "Henshaw, Dave" <dhenshaw@ci.grand-rapids.mi.us>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   invalid argument with static_routes

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15039.EA3FEB20

When I attempt to use static_routes in /etc/rc.conf I get an error message
indicating an invalid argument.  I am using a private netid and the gateway
is on my internal network.  I have a default gateway pointing to my external
interface.  After the system starts and I do a 'route add -net netid
gateway' it works fine.:

static_routes="route_whatever"
route_whatever="-net netid gateway"

The errors I get are as follows:

route : writing to routing socket : Invalid argument
add net : Invalid argument

I have looked everywhere I can think of to find an answer to what might be
causing this and still don't have a clue.

If anyone else knows I could sure use some advice!

Thanks

------_=_NextPart_001_01C15039.EA3FEB20

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>invalid argument with static_routes</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>When I attempt to use static_routes in /etc/rc.conf I =
get an error message indicating an invalid argument.&nbsp; I am using a =
private netid and the gateway is on my internal network.&nbsp; I have a =
default gateway pointing to my external interface.&nbsp; After the =
system starts and I do a 'route add -net netid gateway' it works =
fine.:</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>static_routes=3D&quot;route_whatever&quot;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>route_whatever=3D&quot;-net netid =
gateway&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The errors I get are as follows:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>route : writing to routing socket : Invalid =
argument</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>add net : Invalid argument</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have looked everywhere I can think of to find an =
answer to what might be causing this and still don't have a =
clue.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If anyone else knows I could sure use some =
advice!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
</P>