Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 09:18:57 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        nate@yogotech.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review: restart pccardd by SIGHUP

In message <200004061514.AAA01878@tasogare.imasy.or.jp> Mitsuru IWASAKI writes:
: Ah, that would be nice!  I hope that we can get available (or used)
: address range (ioport and iomem) continuously, not address by address.

Yes.

: What kind of driver interface to be provided?
: # device file read/ioctl, or sysctl?

What kind of interface do you want?  I was thinking ioctl, but could
go sysctl.  I can give you either a list of all resources in use of a
given type in a given range, or I can act as an oracle and say "yes
this range you want to use is already in use" or "no, that's a good
range."  I suspect that the latter would be easier than the former and
just as useful.

Warner