Date:      Fri, 14 May 2004 10:14:22 +0100
From:      Andy Holyer <andyh@hhbb.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems configuring Postfix/Cyrus/MySQL

I'm trying to config our mail server (FreeBSD-CURRENT) to use the above
combination, but I'm still getting problems (possibly unconnected):

1) In /var/log/messages I get this message repeatedly:

May 14 10:04:54 tiggywinkle postfix/trivial-rewrite[90799]: fatal:
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf: table lookup problem

/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf has the correct username and password,
and the database "mail" and the table "virtual" do exist (I can use the
mysql client to go in and look at it. The table's empty, though.

I've got the cyrus imap and pop3 daemons to go (that is, I can telnet
to their port and get a sensible prompt, however if I do

cyradm --user cyrus localhost imap

I get no response at all - the command just hangs.

Any advice gratefully received. I have installed postfix and cyrus in
the past, but that was last century, and without mysql involved.

---
Andy Holyer, Technical stuff
Hedgehog Broadband, 11 Marlborough Place Brighton BN1 1UB
08451 260895 x 241