Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:02:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@casselton.net>
To:        ceyong@yahoo.com, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multicast problem in vls on freebsd 4.10

 on Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:53:28 -0700, Yong Chu Eu <ceyong@yahoo.com> said:

>  i am try to stream from freeBSD multicast router(without kame but with
>  pim6sd,route6d)to MN throught Access Point which are redhat. There is a
>  bridge between eth0 and wlan0 at software Access Point. There problem is i
>  cannot even start streaming from vls, the error message i paste as below .
>  I can do streaming on IPV4/IPv6 unicast.

I have not used vls, so I defer to anyone that can offer better suggestions.

I don't see anything in the on-line documentations about known IPv6
multicast problems or how to interpret the Net6Output error message.

Have you tried to IPv4 multicast? From the vls documentation is configured:

BEGIN "multicast1"         # multicast streaming
  Type    = "multicast"
  DstHost = "239.2.12.42"
  DstPort = "1234"
  TTL     = "64"
END

I am assuming the Linux PC Access Point is a bridge mode, not routing,
so a IPv4 mrouted (DVMRP) or pimd (PIM) is not needed; though FreeBSD
will only send the multicast packets out one of the interfaces without
a IPv6 multicast router.

The other suggestion is to turn on the verbose debugging, it may shed
light on the multicast problem.

--Mark Tinguely