Date:      Wed, 09 Nov 2011 15:08:34 +0100
From:      Daniel Gerzo <danger@freebsd.org>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Status Report July-September, 2011

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 09:55:09 +0000, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
> FreeBSD Quarterly Status Report - Q3/2011

Unfortunately, I managed to use an old status report entry for
KDE/FreeBSD, instead of the current one.
I am sorry for any inconvenience; the current entry for KDE/FreeBSD is
below:

KDE/FreeBSD

    Contact: KDE FreeBSD <kde-freebsd@KDE.org>

    The KDE/FreeBSD team has continued to improve the experience of KDE
    software and Qt under FreeBSD. The latest round of improvements
    include:
      * Splitting some of the KDE modules into smaller ports
      * Reduced startup time by ~15 seconds
      * Allowed auto-login out-of-the-box
      * Kopete supports GoogleTalk
      * Kalzium installs with its molecular editor
      * Zeitgeist support added
      * Porting Calligra to FreeBSD (work-in-progress)

    The team has also made many releases and upstreamed many fixes and
    patches. The latest round of releases include:
      * Qt: 4.7.4
      * PyQt: 4.8.5 (SIP: 4.12.4)
      * KDE SC: 4.7.2
      * Amarok: 2.4.3
      * KDevelop: 4.2.3 (KDevPlatform: 1.2.3)

    The team is always looking for more testers and porters so please
    contact us at kde-freebsd@KDE.org and visit our home page at
    http://FreeBSD.KDE.org.

Open tasks:

     1. Testing KDE PIM 4.7.2
     2. Testing phonon-gstreamer and phonon-vlc as the phonon-xine
backend
        was deprecated (and will remain in ports)

--
Kind regards
   Daniel