Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:12:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Barrett G. Lyon" <blyon@theshell.com>
To:        Kelsey Womack <kelseywomack@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 21960

|     I read through the threads about this problem of it hanging.  I luckily got one of my servers upgraded to 4.1-STABLE, however, my other 2 servers freeze randomly as everyone else is experiencing.  I cannot get these upgraded to -STABLE.  I didn't see any fixes or information on how to cure this problem, without just getting a new card.  I heard if you disable the write-back cache in the scsi bios, it will fix it, however, that isn't working.  Does anyone have any other information on this problem?

Kelsey:

With 4.1-Stable we could not get the random hang to go away.  We gave up
on U160 and Adaptec and just replaced it with a symbios card.

-B

Barrett G. Lyon
http://www.theshell.com
http://www.alphalinux.org

A corporation is like a tree of monkeys, all the monkeys on top looking
down see smiling faces, while all the monkeys looking up see assholes.