Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 17:15:35 -0400
From:      Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
To:        Kevin Mascarenhas <kevin.mascarenhas@rcms.com>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Access problem

On Thu, 03 May 2001 at 16:43:47 +0100, Kevin Mascarenhas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wish to download documentation using ftp. The following error is
> returned when accessing this URL:
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/
>
> "Make sure you have access to this folder
>
> 550:/pub/FreeBSD/doc/: No such file or directory"
>

> I went to the parent dir but /doc was not present yet I could see
> other child dirs. Can you help?

Yes, try a mirror.  The situation with ftp.FreeBSD.org has been brought
up on many of the other lists, and Jordan sent a message to -announce
about it earlier today, so I'm not going to go into it here.  Check the
mailing list archives.

- jim

--
- jim mock <mij@osdn.com> - O|S|D|N - open source development network -