Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 19:34:05 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        George Nimmer <gen22@drexel.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Linux

George Nimmer writes:
> I'm currently a die hard Linux user looking at other similar OS's.
> Where could I find a comparison of FreeBSD and Linux?

Might I suggest you download it and try for yourself? The world already
has too many people expecting others to do their thinking for them.
Thats why Microsoft is so large.

One of FreeBSD's greatest strengths is its traditions traceable to the
beginnings of Unix. If you pick up a book about Unix, it applies to
FreeBSD more so than to Linux.

IMHO, Linux developers are firmly rooted in the Microsoft world. Their
glasses have a Microsoft tint. Everything they paint has a Microsoft
tint. I think Microsoft has terrible taste in colors.