Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 22:05:59 -0700
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        brian@mediacity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hylafax doesn't with work with shared libraries

Brian Litzinger writes:
> I compiled hylafax beta 111 (flexfax) with -current (032695) and the faxstat
> command reports something like invalid response 'ld.so ....' from
> server.

That generally happens when one of the programs is compiled with the
wrong load flags.  This happened in the early days of the shared libs
when we changed our default a.out format, but it shouldn't do anything
now.  Are you sure there isn't some special ld flags that were added?
Try doing a file on the resulting executables to see if they show up as
FreeBSD executables.

Nate