Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:35:18 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@via-net-works.net.ar>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony VAIO CD-ROM

In message <199908191401.LAA09114@ns1.sminter.com.ar> Fernando Schapachnik writes:
: 	I have a Sony VAIO running 3.2-R. It has a "CD-ROM interface PC
: card for PCGA-CD5" card wich interfaces with the CD-ROM. I works well
: under Windows, but I can't manage to make the CD work from FreeBSD.
:
: 	pccardd detects it as a "" ("NinjaATA-"). Is there something I
: can do to make it work?

With 3.2R you are out of luck.  PAO supports ATA cards, and there are
some patches to -current which will add ATA support.  These patches
may make it into 3.3R.

Warner