Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:39:25 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Track Indexes for CDs

Hi David!

On 26 Sep 01 at 0:07 you wrote:

> So is there no such thing as an ID3 tag for a wav file that gets
> burned onto a CD-R audio disk?  Do tags like ID3 only exist for
> MP3s?

I'm definitely no expert on this, but there actually *is*
something like this for audio cd-s. It's called CD-Text and was
introduced, IIRC, by Philips. Some of the CD-writing programs I
have seen under MS Windows (e.g. Nero) allow you to write CD-Text
information onto audio CD-s that you burn.

Of course, your home CD player or CD-playing software on your PC
must have CD-Text support built in if you want to make use of it.
I personally haven't seen any such CD deck or PC software program
but maybe you are seeing one? I haven't looked at that many,
really.

--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.