Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:50:00 +0100
From:      Axel Gruner <axel.gruner@suedfactoring.de>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ISO Images

Hiho.

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:08:09 +0300
Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> wrote:

> Turns out that the image is good but I am as stupid as the IBM Aptiva
> that was giving the "no kernel" message, in that I did not test the
> image on a different machine. I am amazed no flames came my way ;)
> Anyone knows some howto about the IBM Aptiva refusing to boot of the
> CD??

It is a problem with the FreeBSD BTX Loader, imho. With the old one
message you have seen. I had that problem with an Acer Travelmate 512T.
The only way to install FreeBSD on this Laptop was via Floppy (you can
find them on the FTP Server). With FreeBSD-Current snapshot and
FreeBSD-DP2 you can also boot from the CD, the loader changed. Try them
out, or use the two installation floppies if you want ro run FreeBSD <
DP2.

hth

asg