Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:37:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        Alan Bryan <abryan@upgradebase.com>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: winbind on FreeBSD

Hi Alan,

Since we do not have a compatible libnsswitch with linux,
this feature needs to be ported.

The manpage get installed on FreeBSD unfortunatly. We should
exclude the winbind manpage from the samba port until it
is working, or add at least a note.

I'll look next week what is needed to port the winbindd
to FreeBSD.

Martin

Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch
Improware AG, UNIX solution and service provider
Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, Switzerland
Phone: +41 061 826 93 00: +41 61 826 93 01
PGP Fingerprint: B434 53FC C87C FE7B 0A18 B84C 8686 EF22 D300 551E