Date:      Sun, 6 Sep 1998 09:07:42 +1000 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cpn@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP and ISDN modems

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Australians on this list using Telstra
OnRamp ISDN modems with user PPP, and if so, are there any gotchas.

I'm told the modems are rebadged 3Com Impact 2 modems and that they just
take AT commands like a normal modem.  This being the case I would imagine
that you would just set up the dialup as for any other modem.  Since
the people I have to set this up for want to know if it will work before
they order the service, I thought I would try to confirm it was OK first.

This will be running on FreeBSD-2.2.6 with a later version of PPP
installed.  (PPP Version 2.0 - $Date: 1998/07/12 00:30:18 $)

thanks,
Carey Nairn