Date:      23 Jul 1996 10:32:08 +0200
From:      "Stefan Bethke" <stefan@promo.de>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org, "Stefan Esser" <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, dg@root.com, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ncr53c810 driver in sta

We have a similiar problem here: Asus SP3G-II (Neptune II chipset), 810, =
Quantum Fireball, but I'm not sure it is related to the 810 in any way.

It hangs sometimes on reboots, after clearing the screen. However, when =
it does, it corrupts the BIOS nvram, so I have to re-enter all BIOS =
settings :-(

Currently, I always halt the machine and do a reset; this never caused =
the problem to occur.

> Ok. I guess Jordan is reading this anyway:

> Please provide me with details:

> 1) does the system complete the final sync ?
> 2) does it clear the screen in preparation of a warm boot ?
> 3) does it require a power-off or can it be made to boot
>    by some other means (Ctl-Alt-Del) ?
> 4) does it always hang ?
> 5) do you know that the hang is not caused by some unrelated
>    problem (BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET comes to mind :) ?

Can you give me a pointer where to find an explanation of the broken =
reset?

Stefan
--
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-431360-0
+ Systemberatung GmbH   |  Fax. +49-40-431360-60