Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 08:58:55
From:      "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   More mpd-netgraph questions

A few things I've noticed:

The "default" connection speed seems to be 64000 bps according to the log.
The manual states you don't need to set anything regarding bandwidth or
speed unless you're on an asynchronous dialup (modem, etc). I'm on a 11Mbs
wireless WAN, and would like to know if and how I should configure (set link
bandwidth foo).

The manual says not to set 0.0.0.0 for remote (same as peer?) address in
ipcp config, yet this was what allowed me to connect! Is my ISP's PPTP
broken (Linux PoPToP), or is the documentation wrong?  I'm not really clear
on the difference between the "set ipcp ranges" and "set pptp peer" and "set
pptp self" commands - could anyone give a hint or two?

The problem now is (I think) that I end up with *2* IP's in the 10.0.0.0
class from my ISP, in addition to the routable address that's assigned (I
get assigned both a dynamic routable and another dynamic non routable -
which I already have via the WAN). Is this normal?

Regards,
Thor