Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:33:54 -0700
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems mounting a DVD

I'm trying to mount a DVD+RW disc on my DVD-ROM drive, and not succeeding.
Trying either 'mount_cd9660 /dev/acd1 /cdrom1' or 'mount -t
udf /dev/acd1 /cdrom1' results in an 'Input/output error'. I've never tried
mounting DVDs on this drive before, but I play DVD movies on it all the time,
so I assume the problem has something to do with file systems. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-David

--
"What's the good of having mastery over
cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of