Date:      Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:34:34 +0000
From:      "alexis georges" <floating_in_space_@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dhclient turns ethernet card off

hey guys
we had a power cut yesterday..all went down at our home..
when we got electricity back, my internet wouldnot work..only my computer
atually..i found that my eth. card would not turn on..or actually i just
foung out now..it does turn on until it get to the 'dhclient dc0' lne in
rc.conf..which i need..basically during boot up it turns on..and when it has
t exectute the dchlient line, the light on the card disapears..its weird.i
have a linksys (LNE TX?)
anyways the way i have to have my card going is by having start_if.dc0 with
a line that turns my card to half-duplex (it needs to be like this) and then
in the rc.conf i have the ifconfig_dc0="DHCP"
anyone knoe what could cause my card to literally shut down on dhclient?
i already tried just in case to change PCI slots, but nothing changed..
thanks in advance