Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:19:24 +0200
From:      Rink Springer <rink@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lin Jui-Nan Eric <ericlin.jnlin@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mountd changed?

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:11:44PM +0800, Lin Jui-Nan Eric wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a freebsd box (6-stable) which export its root slice to NFS. The
> exports file is:
>=20
> /       -alldirs -maproot=3Droot -network 10.0.0 -mask 255.255.255.0
>=20
> After making world & kernel today, the nfs client said that permission
> denied.
> But another freebsd box (making world & kernel today, too) exports its /h=
ome
> slice, and the nfs client did complain about it.
>=20
> Therefore, I try to copy the mountd binary file from another stable (9/30)
> to the broken nfs server, and it works.

Hmm, I recently changed something which might trigger this. Could you
back out revision 1.81.2.5 of src/usr.sbin/mountd/mountd.c and let me
know whether this fixed the problem?

Regards,

--=20
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Patience is for those who cannot afford
 decent hardware."                                - Peter Koeleman