Date:      Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:54:00 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        George Ruch <george.ruch@3lefties.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three questions...

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 01:27:41PM -0600, George Ruch wrote:

> Q2: Failing that, does anyone out there have any experience with
> PowerQuest's (now Symantec) BootMagic boot manager (p/o Partition Magic
> 8.0) and FreeBSD?  The documentation indicated that it will recognize
> Linux partitions, but says nothing about FreeBSD.

You haven't tried installing FreeBSD yet? I ask because the very simple
boot block FreeBSD installs has always worked well for me. Then again
the last Microsoft product I booted with it was either NT4 or Win98.

Its elegant in that it waits about 10 seconds then proceeds to boot what
ever selection you made the previous time. One selection is "boot the
next disk" where control is transfered to what ever boot manager is on
the next disk. FreeBSD can be on the 2nd drive and still bootable. The
boot process simply hops from one drive to the next.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net