Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 08:37:22 -0600
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Steve Friedrich <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Securing the FreeBSD console

Steve Friedrich wrote:
> That's a big concern for people that have been brainwashed by
> IBM/Microsoft/Intel into thinking that's a way out of a problem. But
> many, if not most, of the people using unix are not used to rebooting
> the machine to recover.

There is at least one new user who learned the salute first, prior to
understanding "su root" and "man shutdown". I think its interesting that
people are familiar with other OS's understand that Control-Alt-Delete
means the system is dead, whereas with FreeBSD, that can be a normal
shutdown. Hey! We beat Microsoft; Windows shutdown is at the minimum two
keystrokes: ALT-F4 and Enter. FreeBSD: One.

LOL.
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>