Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:50:34 +0300
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xfree86 video cards

On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 02:52:25PM -0800, William Yardley wrote:
> i was just wondering what currently available (preferably easily) cards
> work really well for xfree86 - my scratch box currently has a Mach64
> winboost which doesn't provide a lot of colors at high screen resolutions.
I recommend any Matrox card you can buy :-)
For example, I use Matrox Millenium II (old PCI card with good 2D performance)
You can buy MAtrox G200 or G400.
from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.MGA:
  Makes extensive use of the graphics accelerator.  This server is very
  well accelerated, and is one of the fastest XFree86 X servers.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia