Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:58:23 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <whitehat@home.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: kde/enlightenment

Hi,

> Sorry to be mailing again, but I have another important question.  I
> managed to install KDE/FVWM95/Enlightenment/Netscape, however I get
> these errors when I attempt to start them:

The KDE, fvwm95 & Enlightenment ports are meant to be runned at Xwindows
start up (they are all Windows Managers), but one at a time, you cant run
them at the same time, for this you have to create a file called ".xinitrc"
in your home directory and put the line of the window manager that you want
to start up, like this:

% cd
% touch .xinitrc

Add the following line to the file:
fvwm95

then type startx and you are running the fvwm95 window manager, change that
line for the WM of your choice.

For the Netscape thing, you must install the compat22 libraries for FreeBSD
2.2.x and 3.0 a.out binary compatibility, use the /stand/sysinstall utility
to install it.

Have Fun...

Ales