Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:03:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>
To:        Thomas Lau <lkthomas@netvigator.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD bug!!!! Please fxi it, Thanks.

I suppose the point I was making, which evidently was not clear, is that
the failure of a marginal 3d card to work automagically with FreeBSD is
not a failure of FreeBSD per se. You might say that FreeBSD's
installer/Xconfigurer didn't set up X for the card properly, or something
like that. To put it another way, the card did not work "with
linux," which is just a kernel after all; it worked with the linux
distribution the original poster used. If FreeBSD's installer system
didn't work exactly as you hoped it would, you should not assume this is a
FreeBSD "bug." Instead, take a look at the XFree86 information available
on the web. I saw nothing to suggest that FBSD wasn't working, just a
problem with X, which is a separate piece of software. If that's the
problem, look there.
-J