Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:11:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Scott Nolde <scott@smnolde.com>
To:        brain_damaged <brain_damaged@florida-wireless.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipfw error

daim_bramaged,

If you wish to load the kernel module automatically, you must add this
line
  firewall_enable="YES"
to /etc/rc.conf.

You should also read /etc/defaults/rc.conf for other variables related to
firewalling, as well as /etc/rc.firewall for a sample ipfw firewall
implementation.

- Scott

smacked into the keyboard previously by brain_damaged: