Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 2004 00:22:24 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@gmx.de>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm a 'tard - I don't know what a Subject line is (Was well, no subject)

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Bill Moran wrote:
> Chris <racerx@makeworld.com> wrote:

[...]

> > Then something has changed. So often flames start by a user simply=20
> > asking a question that had he/she simply searched the list - would have=
=20
> > found the answer covered many times over.
>=20
> No.  Nothing has changed.  The official list policy has ALWAYS been to
> be polite.  And people have ALWAYS violated that policy.  And people
> like me have ALWAYS jumped in and made a point of the fact that this
> kind of thing is NOT acceptable.

[ outline of list charta ]

I absolutely agree with Bill. One of the most pleasant things about
FreeBSD mailing lists and the community as a whole is that you have
the feeling that you are talking to adult human beings you share an
interest / preference in operating system / profession / etc. with.

And I heared a lot of people support my opinion, esp. from newbies
trying FreeBSD for the first time. The professional and polite style
here has become rare in today's internet, where every Tom, Dick and
Harry thinks he needs to be kewl or insulting.

Simon

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--