Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 18:40:40 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No port of Opera? (Was: ((FreeBSD : Linux) :: (OS/2 :Windows)))

Brett Glass wrote:

> Frank:
>
> I have seen that message too; it has been up on their page for quite a long
> time now. However, I have also been in direct contact with their
> developers, who tell quite a different story. They say that, due to scarce
> development resources, they're focusing their efforts exclusively on Linux
> and expecting FreeBSD users to run the Linux version under emulation for
> the foreseeable future.

Which presents absolutely no problems to the user of the software.  Your
time would be much better spent in encouraging them to test the Linux
release on one or more FreeBSD workstations, and/or to advertise it as
a Linux/FreeBSD version, than to convince them to undertake another port.

FreeBSD doesn't require a Linux emulator, it supports Linux-format ELF
binaries, in the same way it supports other binary image formats.