Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:27:33 -0600
From:      Danny MacMillan <flowers@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        Jim Hatfield <subscriber@insignia.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IMAP server and client recommendations?

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:40:40 +0100, Jim Hatfield <subscriber@insignia.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 05:42:00 +0100, in local.freebsd.questions you
> wrote:
>
>> Almost right, but not quite.  You set up an IMAP server that stores
>> mail in the desired format, add the IMAP support to Outlook, and then
>> drag/drop the mail into the IMAP mailbox.  There is no equivalent
>> client-side export needed.
>
> Not always possible, unfortunately. Outlook 2000 with a MAPI
> connection to an Exchange server lets you add a POP3 service but
> not IMAP.

I use Outlook 2000, but this is not a problem in my case, as I don't use
Exchange.  If I did though, I could get around it by copying all my mail
 from Exchange into a local .pst, hit the fantabulous "Reconfigure Mail
Support" in Outlook and specify "Internet Only", then add the IMAP account
and proceed as before.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

--
D Rock