Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:33:45 +0100
From:      Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Moving my Outlook PST file to any BSD E-mail client

Bill Moran wrote:
> "Joshua Lewis" <jmlewis@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know of an e-mail client that supports importing an outlook
>>.PST file.
>>
>>If I can move my old e-mail onto my new machine then I can be done with
>>Microsoft.
>

> This is a bit of "the long way around", but I've done it, so I know it
> works.
>
> We set up a temporary IMAP server, and used Outlook to copy all the mail
> and folders up to the IMAP server.  Then you can just connect to the IMAP
> server with your new mail client to get at all your stuff.

Another workaround - amplifying a suggestion by another poster.

You're obviously running windows now. Install Mozilla, fire up the mail
client, do NOT let it become the default mail application, go to tools -
import and import your outlook mail, and addresses (this only works if
Outlook is still the default mail application).

Copy the whole mozilla profile - location depends on your version of
windows to CD or whatever.

Install mozilla on FreeBSD, fire it up (to create the ~/.mozilla tree),
close it down, copy the folders and files from inside the .slt folder
from windows to inside the .slt folder in .mozilla/profilename/

Peter.