Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:12:56 -0800
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@dnai.com>
To:        Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
Cc:        skip-info@skip.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SKIP Headscratcher - The Solution

Jim Flowers wrote:

> Another thing I discovered, to my cost, is that CDP to setup tunnels between
> networks can be a problem unless you first put the far-end skiphost into the
> tunnel.  This can be done quite easily by swapping "skiplocal export"
> scripts via some secure means.

It doesn't have to be secure in the sense of secret -- just that you
are protected against spoofing.  The MKID which is the MD5 hash of
the *public* DH value isn't secret -- You can even email these without
encryption as long as the message is signed.  Or, even more low tech,
you can call me on the phone to verify...