Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 12:14:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Bart Smit <bit@signature.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What's the "Right Way" to run cvsupd?

I've got a complete CVS repository on one of my internal servers that I
want to make available to machines in the LAN. The idea is to run cvsupd
on that server so any machine can simply use cvsup. In this way, I would
save bandwidth since they all synchronise with an internal cvsup server
rather than a public one.

I have found a general description of how to run cvsupd, but is there any
more specific information available on the Right Way to make a FreeBSD
repository available to other machines? I guess I could figure out the
configuration myself, but this must be something that dozens of people do
and maybe there's a standard config for it... is there?

regards
--Bart