Date:      Tue, 5 May 2020 07:50:40 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Networking Routing Firewalling

On Tue, 5 May 2020 01:44:30 -0400
Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a advanced beginner project but might be a good goal to strive for
> since it will demostrate the full power of networking and segmenting your
> machine into several "machines".   Note you should only do this if you
> have 4 or more cores, more then 4 GB of RAM and 100+ GB of disk available:

	For a lighter alternative follow Quantafac's suggestion of building
a network of jails - many years ago I simulated a complete two site system
with two sets of database, middleware and web front end servers running at
each site on a single machine and used it to test all the failover
scenarios (including the cross coupled dual master failover database
arrangement).

	It went into production as two physical machines at each site, each
one running one copy of the stack in three jails.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>